01 October 2009

Jigga What? Jigga Who?

L.L. Cool J. took the term G.O.A.T from sports and became the self proclaimed Greatest of All Time in the hip hop game. Well James its a new day...{enter Sean Carter} Most people that know me (the uppity negro) know that Im not a huge fan of today's rap music (Death of Hip Hop) but I am definitely a ride or die Jay-Z fan.

In the movie Brown Sugar the voice over asks “When did you first fall in love with hip-hop?” When I first heard this line, I was quickly reminded of many of my favorite hip hop joints and the nostalgia that came with them, but I couldn't remember that exact moment when I became a true hip hop fan. I can however remember the exact moment I became a fan of Jay....1998 Young Hall Rm 212 getting ready for a house party and Hard Knock Life came on via a mix CD. Ever since then its been nonstop classics.

“I sell ice in the winter, I sell fire in hell I am a hustler baby, I'll sell water to a well I was born to get cake, move on and switch states Cop the Coupe with the roof gone and switch plates Was born to dictate, never follow orders Dickface, get your shit straight, fucka this is Big Jay I..”


Dude is FUNKY! You cant hate… Not only does he have “the baddest chick in the game wearin his chain,” he is a hip hop icon and business mogul bringing only the funky fresh to hip hop taking it from Shawty wannabe a thug to “ y'all niggas actin way to tough, throw on a suit get it tapered up..Who you know fresher than HOV?”


The richest woman in the world, Ms. Anti-rap herself (next to C. Delores Tucker) brought Jay on her show. Oprah talked to Jay about some things that regular Hip-Hop fans might not know about him. Oprah talks about his upbringing, also the use of the word “nigga” and how they don’t see eye to eye on its verbiage. And in the end The GOAT had Ms. Sophia spitting rhymes of her own.


Jay-Z on Oprah Pt.4 from LowKey on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment